"Every boy [and girl] needs a cape"

A couple years ago my mother-in-law came to me and asked me to make a reversible CTR cape for her to use in role plays in her Primary class. I bought the stuff for it right away, but for some reason never got around to making it until today. When my 2 1/2-year-old came to me with his dad's tie and said "I a hero!" and took off flying, I remembered what my husband had always told me "Every boy needs a cape." I immediately went downstairs and got busy. First I made a plane blue and black cape for my boy, then I made the one my mother-in-law asked for (she doesn't even teach Primary anymore, but I guess the grandkids can play with it), and I have one left to make for my little girl.

Here's the cape -- both sides.


It's 100% cotton fabric, the symbols are felt and sewn on, and the cape attaches around the neck with velcro. Plain capes are $10 ($5 if you provide the fabric, 1yd of 1 or 2 fabrics). Symbols are an additional $5 per side and can be custom made/designed. I plan to put a "B" on my son's cape. Email or call me with questions/orders.